Friday, May 22, 2009

About time, Anidrall!



So after many months of procrastinating, I've finally started my Final Fantasy XI blog. Please be aware, it may get a bit boring but I'll try to keep it as interesting as possible.

At first, I was never really interested in FFXI. When I first read about it, I was a bit upset it wasn't available to play offline, since I didn't start online gaming until around late 2006 early 2007. I decided to give it a try, my first time with the game was around when Treasures of Aht Urhgan was released. I bought the Vana'Diel Collection for the PC and was eager to play. Sadly, my old PC was full of fail. It wouldn't even install the game. So, I tossed it aside.

Quite a few years passed and I was into online gaming. I played a bit of Guild Wars and I considered myself a veteran on the Resident Evil Outbreak server. Capcom decided to pull to pull the plug on the servers and I needed a new online game. That led me to try FFXI again, since I heard the PS2 version was compatible with the PS3.

I started playing FFXI December 25th, 2007. Having started on Christmas makes it much easier to remember when I actually started the game. I created my character as Hume 1A, mainly because I feel it resembles my real life appearance more since I have longer hair. I chose the blonde hair over the brown hair simply because I thought it looked much better. Now, the naming process was what seemed to take the longest because I wanted to try and keep it similar to my screenname on Outbreak, which was Anni. I tried most of the combinations before I had to rely on help from one of my friends. He suggested something to make it sound more fantasy-like. How we put the -drall on Anidrall is beyond me but I went with it and liked it. That same friend who helped me choose my name later joined two days later. His name is Oric :)

Anidrall started out in Bastok Mines on the Shiva server as a Thief with a rather bad sense of map skills. I'm still not very good with reading maps but you'll be hearing more about that with future blog posts. My best friend Oric joined the game, and we pretty much do everything together. After my best friend Oric joined the game, we decided to level his Warrior and my Thief together, they got to 32 and we started to unlock our advanced sub jobs. Oric fell in love with Dancer and he insisted I wait til he gets his Dancer up to the same level as my THF. Thats when I started leveling Black Mage, that ended up being my first job to 75 after a failed attempt with a static which included some of my dearest friends I met in the game.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Now, onto linkshells, I don't have much luck with them. The Ravenous LS was started by one of the few people who helped me a lot in his game, Griffith who just recently quit the game last month. He gave me a tour of Valkurm Dunes and helped me get my sub job items. The best thing that ever happened to me through Ravenous was meeting Aylah, the fabulous Thief and Puppetmaster with a big booty ;)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Next up, we have Letira. Oric and I met him when we were stuck on one of the Bastok nation quests for Wings of the Goddess. He is one of the only Paladins I trust that I can nuke harder with. Honestly, I'm not sure how many nicknames I have for him: Fab Cat, Attack Cat, Charming Cat, and Tactical Cat. Due to the fact he can't make up his mind towards what job he wants to level! He's pretty much out know-it-all towards Nyzul Isle Investigation which we will do more of once Ixi gets his DRK to 75 :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Next up is Ixidor, the Black Mage and RDM with much better enfeebling skill than I do. We first met when Darkfailzel apologized to me for inviting another BLM to his linkshell. We became very good friends, manaburning together and he tanks for my Ninja because we know how well of a Ninja tank I am :) He is also going to be one of our major DDs when we partake in Nyzul, now we just need to get your Dark Knight to 75 and we'll be good to go.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


These people, plus Seraphe the Monk are the great people I spend the most of my time in FFXI with. I'm in a static with them where we're progressing through the Chains of Promathia missions and more with :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I'll close out with thanking you guys for reading my blog and hopefully you guys enjoy it :)
Oh, for more FFXI pictures, I have over 400, visit my MySpace: www.myspace.com/dirty_ethiopian











1 comment:

  1. The name is fitting Ani, it really is about time :P lol. Nicely done

    ReplyDelete