Tuesday, July 7, 2009

All Burned Out

Its been a while since I've posted an actual update, but I have a lot to write about.

Last Friday was CarpeNoctem's final Dynamis run. They had planned it to be as they had began, Dynamis - Bastok. Which, in a way, was ironic considering that is where Anidrall started his adventures. We entered a bit late, considering it'd be our last gather together and going over the rules. Plus, who doesn't like Goblin Ani and Goblin Oric terrorizing the citizens of Bastok.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It was definately a bit of an emotional night especially since CarpeNoctem has been running for nearly five years now. It was a quick run, as most of our usual Bastok runs. Nalya and Kennth were both of our tanks for the night and as usual the run went amazing. In the time I was with CN, I had never seen a failed run. The drops that night were plentiful, even though Oric and I didn't get any relic. We broke the record that night on relic drops which, if this wouldn't have been our last run, would have earned us an extre point :) We ended the run with a final {Elemental Seal} {Thundaga} III and linkshell pictures afterwards.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

After that, the members who were online and of course wanted went to do some Ballista. It was my first time and let me tell you what, it was so fun. I went as Summoner and I loved using one of my blood pacts on somebody, especially when they decided to engage with me. I think everybody did four or five rounds and it wasn't over until five in the morning my time. CN said they'd like to do more Ballista so maybe the shell won't be completely dead.

Next on my list to tell you about is that I've finally maxed my Tier I merits on Summoners. I put two into Avatar attack and accuracy, two into Avatar magic accuracy and four into Avatar magic attack. I'm happy with my choices and even better I get to start on my Tier II merits now. After getting more than 30k exp in campaign and my new Wings of Integrity medal, I unlocked Heavenly Strike for Shiva <3

Now, the title of this blog post is a quote from Sano, another Summoner in my linkshell. It is in regards to the Astral Flow Burn party method. I have capped Summoning Magic and I refused to put any job in one of those parties because I don't want to be a gimp Summoner. On Monday he asked me if I wanted to merit using that method. I figured it wouldn't hurt and it'd be the fastest way for me to put max merits into Heavenly Strike. I was with a few other people I didn't know and after we finished the first pull Sano took the level sync off. I was horrified after watching the level 67 Summoner, Gohann, Elemental Siphon 54 MP back. Thats all. I was sick. After that he said he still needed Leviathan, Ifrit, Garuda, and Titan and if anybody was willing to help him....

I left and went up to Sky with the LS. We did awesome that night! We popped, claimed, and killed Despot without any deaths. Thanks to Lailu for the Taru sacrifice :)

Finally, we're on to today. I went out to breakfast with my family today which was a nice break considering I only have cereal for breakfast in the morning. When I got back, I went and got my map of Grauberg and went out to explore the area a lot more than I recently have. I thought about it today and if/when the servers close or when I do end up quitting the game, I want to log off in Grauberg. To me, its the most beautiful area in the game.

By the way, WHM is 63 ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment