Thursday, July 23, 2009

Silencer of the Echo

So, as you may have guessed by the title, I have finally obtained my Royal Redingote.

After five attempts at retrieving the Omnis Stone and five attempts at fighting the Seed Crystal, my group won. I had in mind what I wanted to choose ever since I saw the list of augments.

I chose "Avatar perpetuation cost" -2 and Pet: Magic Accuracy +7/Magic Atk. Bonus +7.

Now, since most people gave a review of the expansion, I'll go ahead and give my two gil:

I'll admit that I didn't have too much of a problem with the first quests obtaining the Seedspall Lux, Luna, and Astrum even without subbing Thief. But I have heard that people have killed a ridiculous amount of mobs before finally getting the items. The second back-to-back fetch quest was, in my opinion, a bigger pain than the first quest. If I remember correctly, next was the Seed Mandragora fight which was great, especially seeing Ramuh one hit all of them round after round, and then was the first harder fight of ACP.

The fight againt the Seed Orc, Quadav, Yagudo, and Goblin. It was a challenging fight. Obtaining the Mark of Seed wasn't hard at all especially since Ixidor led the way with some Benny Hill worthy moments ;) But it was the fight that took us about four or so tries. But finally we won.

After the fight againt the Seed Beastmen we found ourselves venturing about and getting cutscenes and then we brace ourselves for the Lower Delkfutt's Tower portion where you have to ascend the tower under a level thirty cap. Thats was a fucking pain in the ass especially the one time I went as Dancer and died and didn't have any type of reraise.

In the end, though, we ended up winning and our final attempt went so well. The only person who had gotten hit was our Paladin, okay, our Red Mage may have gotten hit once or twice from a Seed Thrall but we all did a such great job. I was a bit disappointed with the story and the cutscenes though especially in comparison to Wings of the Goddess. As a matter of fact, the only cutscenes I thought were good was the first cutscene and the last. All of the others were a bit 'meh'

Onto Monday's update! All I can say is that it was full of win even if I don't have the final Bastok mission done to continue. Oric and I made a brave venture into the Northlands where we, surprisingly, didn't get ourselves killed. And the music track in Xarcabard [S] is simply to die for!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


And on Tuesday....I got to kill the Amphiptere with a group of Summoners!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


I'm off to work on a Moogle Kupo d'Etat since I'm only on Curses! A Horrifically Harrowing Hex. I really like this expansion a lot more than ACP. The cutscenes are cute and I don't really mind the fetch quests this time around.

Take care, I'll upload pictures later. I'm a bit lazy ^^;;

No comments:

Post a Comment