Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Serket Breaker

Is Serket considered an HNM? I thought he was, anyway I didn't log on until later today after sleeping in and getting some much needed sleep.

Last night Oric and I hit level sixty-one with Puppetmaster and White Mage with an amazing party. A great group of people too so that made it even better. The Paladin had to leave since he was already late to Dynamis so we took Aylah to Cape Terrigan to do some FoV and get her level. While I was there I got club skill 200 and got Judgment. Only twenty levels more and I'll have access to Hexa Strike. Also, I finally capped out my Summoner's Tier I Merits.

Back to Serket! Once I logged on this morning I went up to Whitegate to get some of my missing spells. Well, really only Cure V and Esuna. Have yet to try them out in parties, well, maybe not Cure V in case its really needed :) I figured I might as well get to work on my Summoner's Tier II Merits so I made way to the past to do some campaign. I grabbed orders for Hawk Eye III. Only problem was the only place that was under Quadav control was Beadeaux [S]. I was up to it though so I headed to Pashhow and got my tags. Let me tell you, I hated that place when it was under Bastokan control. Breakga is a bitch. I didn't get much from that battle so after it was over I buffed up and headed out to Beadeaux. I got lucky on the way there. Everytime something was going to wear off I was always in a safe spot. This is, well, the second time I've been in this area so I wasn't sure what to expect besides Imps. I didn't know where the fortifications were and I didn't find out where they were so I just decided to warp out.

Before I warped out I got a message from Zumayriss asking if I could help with Serket. I figured, what the hell so I headed out. I've never killed Serket before and I've never seen anybody kill him but I've heard he's not too hard at all. At first we had me a SMN and another SMN, PLD, SAM, DRG, DRG, RDM, and BLM. I guess I wasn't paying attention to what had happened but after being there an hour or so the PLD, SAM, one of the DRGs left. I thought they just had to go leave for an event but I found out later why they left.

Then, not even ten minutes after they left he popped! I was down near where the undead mobs popped when I got the call in the party and Zuma saying HURRY HURRY ITS SERKET. I GOT CLAIM. I ran down there so fast and by that time we were low on people. Only one melee, and two jobs that weren't really suited for the situation. Right away, the Red Mage got aggroed by a Chamber Beetle. His sleep didn't stick and he died and the Black Mage got magic aggro by one of the pots in the corner. With just the three of us left we managed to get him to around seventy percent. I was pretty lucky on which day we ended up fighting Serket since Garuda perpetuation was lower from the latent on my relic body.

I was running low on MP so I used Astral Flow and got off a few Predator Claws before having to Elemental Siphon again. Near fifty percent I decided to call in back up, because we were going to need it. Seraphe, Aylah, and Umi made it to Garlaige as fast as they could along with other help from Zeuss, the Red Mage, and we killed Serket. Serket Ring dropped, and I was the first to say {Carbuncle}ations to Zuma, but then I saw for Zeuss to lot as well. Take note, he was dead throughout the whole battle and didn't contribute at all. He got the ring ;-; and soon after I found out that if Zuma had gotten the ring that her sister Seita would get it. Her sister that didn't help, that wasn't there, and said nothing but for her sister to fail, I was pissed about that. I warped out and got ready for Sky.

Sky went good tonight, Steamcleaner popped on the first pull. Killed and got drop. Did some water farming, no water though but we had a good time :) Shiva was kicking ass today with Rush, my highest was 1202 :D We made a new friend today, Khaiya, who is able to join us on Skype! I'm slacking, too much for to blog about for the past few days. I'll probably have another for tomorrow too. Good-night.....or good-morning where you live :)

2 comments:

  1. I've always considered Serket an HNM. A lesser HNM, but an HNM no less, particularly because I associate HNMs with raging, and Serket most certainly rages after a period of time.

    It's pretty crappy that people are going to end up getting the item that didn't even help. What a load of BS. They should've been helping with the fight or out farming money for one.

    Also, a note about Cure V: Cure V doesn't generate a lot of enmity like Cure IV does, although I personally don't see a use for it other than the "ohshi-" moments, as it IS a lot of MP. (And being Elvaan, I like to keep as much MP as possible) But the mob shouldn't come after you after 1 Cure V, unless of course you're spamming Cure IV or your tank is just horrible. Use good judgment.

    And Hexa Strike is fun. Sometimes too much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to roll my eyes at WHM's who used only cure 3 and cure 5. Now, I'm one of them. lol Sub /SCH with light arts active, it's not too bad. Plus, being in an end game LS, most people will ask or down right tell you to not use cure 4 unless you're low on mp.

    Generally I keep HP capped with cure 3, and once it goes to yellow, use cure 5. But, in party and merit situations, you do want to stick to mainly cure 3 and 4, and use 5 only if tank/dd is very close to dying.

    And yeah. I would consider Serket an HNM. He has character traits of one. But like Kata said, a lesser one. He can be duoed easily by a skilled Ninja and Redmage.

    1202. :O Nice. That makes me want to play with Shiva. I never get a chance to go Summoner to anything. ; ; Makes me sad. WHM WHM WHM for HNM (♥ WHM though), and then RDM/NIN in all my free time, camping that stupid mean buffalo. And RDM for merits. Makes Aara a sad panda. D:

    Can't wait for these boots to drop. Then I can just spend time goofing off as Summoner.

    ReplyDelete